Online training increases the awareness of hazards and ensures workers have the knowledge to do the tasks safely. A well-trained group of workers reduces the likelihood of workplace injuries, occupational diseases, and fatalities. A training certificate that can be downloaded or printed will be provided for each successfully completed WHMIS 2015 course.
Can’t find what you’re looking for? Ask us to help find a course.
This WHMIS 2015 course educates workers against workplace injuries, diseases, and deaths that result from the use and storage of hazardous products.
All workers, supervisors, and management must be trained in the hazardous products (including use and storage) they may be exposed to while at work. Hazardous products have the potential to cause injury, illness, disease, or death, the risk must be mitigated by education, personal protective equipment, and knowledge of your responsibilities. In 2015, WHMIS change to the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) standard for hazard classification and communication. This training course discusses:
- Information on safety data sheets (SDS’s) and labels and how to read and assess this information.
- Worker rights and responsibilities for use and in emergencies.
- WHMIS Classification, symbols, and pictograms.
This WHMIS course implements the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) standard for hazard classification and communication. By the end of this course, you will have the knowledge and understanding necessary to answer the following questions:
- What hazardous products could I be exposed to?
- Where do I find information about the hazards of these products?
- How do I protect myself?
- What should I do if an incident occurs?
- Physical and health hazards
- Precautionary measures to protect your health and safety
- How to choose appropriate personal protective equipment
- WHMIS 2015 hazard classifications
- Hazard and safety information found on WHMIS 2015 labels
- WHMIS 2015 symbols and pictograms
- Information contained on safety data sheets
- Worker rights and employer responsibilities under WHMIS 2015
- The importance of education and training
Certificate of Completion:
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available to download and print.
Approximately 2 hours
Testing conducted throughout this online WHMIS 2015 course is designed to reinforce the information presented. A mark of 70% must be achieved in order to receive a certificate of completion. Participants are able to repeat the course two times if the pass mark is not achieved on the first attempt. Print materials for this course can be accessed online.
Educate Your Workers
Interested in building a multiple course bundle for your team? Contact us today to keep your workers up-to-date with safety courses.